Updated: May 04, 2017 3:37:46 PM
Type: Potentially Unwanted App
Infection Length: Varies
Risk Impact: Low
Systems Affected: Linux
PUA.Winexe is a potentially unwanted application that enables commands to be remotely executed on a Microsoft Windows computer from a Linux computer.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version May 04, 2017 revision 009
- Latest Rapid Release version April 24, 2019 revision 006
- Initial Daily Certified version May 04, 2017 revision 018
- Latest Daily Certified version April 24, 2019 revision 020
- Initial Weekly Certified release date May 10, 2017
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
The program must be installed manually.
The program enables commands to be remotely executed on a Microsoft Windows computer from a Linux computer.
The following instructions pertain to Symantec AntiVirus for Linux.
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan.
1. To update the virus definitions
To obtain the most recent virus definitions run LiveUpdate. For Symantec AntiVirus for Linux, LiveUpdate definitions are updated regularly.
2. To run a full system scan
To run a full system scan in Linux, open a command line and type the following:
sav manualscan --scan /
If any files are detected, follow the instructions displayed by your antivirus program.